Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm the US

Like in WWII. I'm not joining the war until it directly affects me. For now you guys can just keep trying to convince me to join this war. Until then, I'll just send little grenades everyday at whoever I am currently pissed at.

So, I totally won Andrew's contest!!! Woooo! The thingy I won is there on the right. It would be great if it were the same blue as my background (wink, wink, hint, hint). If I don't get a blue copy, or make it blue myself...well, let's just say it's getting relegated to a spot to which you would have to scroll to be able to see it.

Now, to be truthful...Jeremy's banner was the nicest. That's what happens when a winner is picked randomly. Too bad for you Jeremy. And actually...Dave's pink banner was also very pretty. But in all your faces...I totally won!! Whooo.

So, don't forget about my contest! Some legitimate entries would go a long way towards swaying me to joining this blog war.

I went shopping the other day. Since it's the end of January, they had those day-by-day calendars on 75% off. So I got a Simpsons one. It has a different trivia question every day. Surprisingly (and ashamedly) there were some I couldn't get! So when I get ones like that, I'll post them here and we'll see who has the Simpsons knowledge! And no using the internet to find these answers...just knowledge already lodged in your brain.

Here's todays:

In "The Dad Who Knew Too Little", according to Ned Flanders, his son Rod's hobbies are being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and what?

A. Washing the feet of homeless people
B. Speaking in tongues
C. Diabetes
D. Self-flagellation

3 Comments:

At 8:44 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Speaking in Tounges

 
At 8:51 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Here's a joke for ya SHanna:

A man was standing next in a checkout queue, when the attractive blonde woman in front of him turned around and gave him a big smile.

"Hello," she said, as she waited for her change.

"Er, I’m sorry. Do I know you?" The man said in some confusion.

"Oh, my mistake. I thought you were the father of one of my children," she said apologetically, and picking up her shopping, she left the store. The man was astonished. He thought, "How amazing that a good looking woman like that should have forgotten who fathered her children." Then he began to worry. He had had an encounter in his youth that could have resulted in a child he didn’t know about. She had been blonde, pretty, and about the same height. On leaving the store, he saw the woman getting into her car. He ran over to her and said,

"Look, you couldn’t have been the girl I met that night at a party in Hampstead, in 1990 could you? We shagged on the billiards table in front of everyone, things got really wild and I got so drunk that I didn’t get your number."

The woman looked utterly outraged and said, "No! I’m your son’s English teacher."

 
At 12:01 a.m., Blogger Pilot said...

Good one roo and the answer is b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home