Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Marker

So, I am now officially a marker. I am marking Commerce 301, Managerial Accounting. Basically, I took this class last year and I really liked the prof...he's great. And it turns out that the prof, Suresh, is really close friends with Preeti and Sameer, a friend of mine and one of my other old profs. So, I've had a lot to do with Suresh and he asked me to mark.

I'm happy about it and kinda stressed. When I applied, in December, I figured I would just work less hours at Subway to make time. But then I hadn't heard anything, so I figured he might have picked someone else or whatever, so I took on some extra hours. So, now I need someone to take back some of my hours or else I'm going to go crazy. Marking is going to add another element of stress to my life. Right now I have:

  • 5 classes with a LOT of assignments
  • 34 hours of work a week
  • Marking
  • SADD - local group and provincial board
  • Life - cleaning, cooking my meals, doing laundry, etc.

So yeah...it's going to be a hectic semester. I'm really going to have to overcome my computer addiction and spend the hours working and not on my computer.

Another option would be to deny the marking. Well, technically it's an option, but not in my mind. I applied, so it's an obligation I made when I applied that I would accept the job if offered. And seriously, you can't get a better reference than from a professor...oh, and this professor has a PhD and is the head of the accounting department. Doesn't get much better than that. I've been a bit worried lately about getting a reference from a professor...but when you mark, that's basically guaranteed.

Would I give that up?? Hell no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home