Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Challenge - Answers

Well, I'm glad my last post generated some interest in my second to last post. I was kind of disappointed at first in the lack of response because I worked for a while on this.

Anyway! Here's the answers, as promised!!

1. "I'll have spent one day out there"
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame
-Title: "Out There"
-Sung by Quasimodo
Who got it? Pilot...partially

2. "The sweet caress of twilight, there's magic everywhere, and with all this romantic atmosphere disaster's in the air"
-The Lion King
-Title: "Can you feel the love tonight?"
-Sung by Timon
Who got it? Michelle, Pilot, Yecart

3. "There's no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you"
-Pinocchio
-Title: "When you wish upon a star"
-Sung by Gepetto
Who got it? Pilot...partially...he just can't seem to get the right singer

4. "The bees are buzzing in the trees to make some honey just for me"
-The Jungle Book
-Title: "The Bare Necessities"
-Sung by Baloo
Who got it? Pilot....I guess this was just too old school for people. I didn't think it would be that hard.

5. "There will be a head for you, a tail for me"
-Lady and the Tramp
-Title: "We are Siamese if you Please"
-Sung by the 2 siamese cats - Am and Si
Who got it? Pilot

6. "In a mine, where a million diamonds shine!"
-Snow White
-Title: "Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to work we go"
-Sung by the 7 dwarfs
Who got it? Pilot, the Yecart

7. "Little one, when you play, don't you mind what they say"
-Dumbo
-Title: "Baby Mine"
-Not sung by a character
Who got it? Pilot

8. "We can make her dress look pretty, there's nothing to it really"
-Cinderella
-Title: "The Work Song"
-Sung by the Mice
Who got it? Pilot, Yecart

9. "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream."
-Sleeping Beauty
-Title: "Once Upon a Dream"
-Sung by Sleeping Beauty
Who got it? Michelle (she fucking better have!), Pilot, Yecart

10. "First I cut off their heads, then I pull out their bones!"
-The Little Mermaid
-Title: "Les Poissons"
-Sung by Chef Louis
Who got it? Pilot, Yecart

11. "Every morning just the same since the morning that we came to this poor provincial town"
-Beauty and the Beast
-Title: "Little Town"
-Sung by Belle
Who got it? Yecart, Pilot

12. "Hey you let us through, it's a bright new star"
-Aladdin
-Title: "Prince Ali"
-Sung by Genie
Who got it? Pilot, Yecart

13. "You'll learn things you never knew you never knew"
-Pocahontas
-Title: "Colours of the Wind"
-Sung by Pocahontas
Who got it? Pilot

14. I'm pissed at the number fourteen right now.

15. "Must I pretend that I am someone else for all time?"
-Mulan
-Title: "Reflection"
-Sung by Christina Aguilera
Who got it? NO ONE!!!! Come on people...Mulan kicks ass!!!!

16. "A sweep is as lucky, as lucky can be"
-Mary Poppins
-Title: "Chim Chim Cheree"
-Sung by Bert
Who got it? Pilot, Yecart

17. "And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her"
-Toy Story 2
-Title: "When Somebody Loved Me"
-Sung by Sarah McLachlan
Who got it? Pilot (wrong singer again), Yecart

So, people kinda figured out the songs. I realized after a while that all the lines I picked were in like the first 30 seconds of the songs, then I stopped doing that.

I must say I expected a few more answers. Some were pretty obvious. Like seriously, "A sweep is as lucky, as lucky can be?" Where is there a "sweep" except in Mary Poppins?? And if you say you've never seen Mary Poppins then you're either a bald-faced liar or a very deprived person.

So, the ultimate Disney person is.....PILOT!!!!

Not surprising. As the oldest of 4 children, he's seen it all. Even the movies that are traditionally "girls" movies. Yup, us little sisters can force our older brothers into anything.

Anyway, as a prize, here's an old picture of Pilot for you to gaze upon!!

(He's on the left)


OK, maybe not so much a prize for Pilot...I just wanted an excuse to show this picture. Aren't those earrings just great!?

2 Comments:

At 3:20 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

I am going to fucking kill you.

You've been warned.

 
At 4:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

YESSS!!! That's awesome! I've been waiting for the pic to come out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home