Monday, January 23, 2006

Great Night

So, election day.

3:30pm - Shanna votes for Brad Trost - Conservative candidate for Saskatoon-Humboldt

6pm - Shanna watches the CBC news to see some of the election coverage

8pm - CBC election coverage starts

8:10pm - MSN Election Party gets underway!

8:30pm - Results begin coming in

8:45ish pm - Conservatives take the lead

9:07pm - CBC declares Stephen Harper to be the 22nd Canadian Prime Minister!

11:17pm - Paul Martin steps down as Liberal leader

12:35pm - Stephen Harper claims VICTORY!!!!


Overall, I'm pleased. The Conservatives won and Stephen Harper is Prime Minister. This is just what I wanted.

I'm surprised at the support the Liberals received...103 seats. I thought all the other parties would do much better. I am disappointed that the other parties didn't do better.

I feel that Paul Martin will not run again. I don't think he wanted to say it now, just after he was elected, but I really do feel that this will be his last term in office. The announcement about the leadership is not surprising for me at all.

Saskatchewan is the same as it was before. 13 of 14 seats are Conservative and Ralph Goodale holds the 14th seat. Once again the NDP are shut out.

The party was great. We had a big group of people:
  • Me - Soulfood - Shanna
  • Nitro - Brooke
  • Jeff - Dyer
  • Pilon - Andrew
  • Danny
  • Rhonda
  • Pilot - Jeremy
  • Mark
  • Steve
  • Chris
  • Jeff - another one, I don't know which
I think that was everyone. It was a great MSN party and we should really do it again. My computer decided to shut off on me twice during the party...so that sucked. But otherwise it was great. We had a great spectrum. I didn't want a party of people all from the same political view. With the colourful spectrum of opinions, it was a great party. Thanx to all who participated.

I got home today and there were 3 messages on my answering machine. All from Brad Trost's office, telling me to go vote.

Well, that was a great election day. A long election, but a good one.

P.S. In your face everyone who didn't vote conservative!!!!!

11 Comments:

At 1:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm you forgot Andrew you know your other brother. And it was fun

 
At 10:50 a.m., Blogger Steven said...

Andrew was mentioned.






Conservatives suck.

 
At 11:26 a.m., Blogger Aaron said...

^
|
|
|
Agree.

 
At 1:47 p.m., Blogger Steven said...

Nobody asked you Aaron...



Whomever you are.

 
At 6:46 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to harp on this, and please do pardon the pun... but exactly what part(s) of the Conservative platform appeal to a young, urban, middle-class university student? I'm really having trouble figuring this out.

I'm sorry but the words Albertan and Prime Minister in the same phrase scare the shit out of me. I do not consider myself a part of "The West" that Harper described last night.

Nevertheless you are entitled to your political views. I just hope you are seeing something I'm not because I am frankly baffled by young people who vote Conservative.

 
At 9:28 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Paul Martin did step down already..he said it himself last night..he won't be running...and don't blame me, I voted Green.

 
At 10:48 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

Good Party Shanna. And I blame you for what happened... and I know who to come after when the markets fall apart and we all hate living here.

In other news Souris Moose Mountain was the highest popular vote in Sask for the Green Party! KICK ASS!

 
At 1:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm also having problems figuring out how Steven Harper appeals to ANYone... The thought of him in office scares me. Oh well, luckily it's such a weak minority that we are probably looking at another election in six months. Anyways, now that we are living in America North, I should go practice the Star Spangled Banner -- Talk to y'all later

 
At 10:14 a.m., Blogger Demoncrush said...

I'm the "other Jeff" thanks for the MSN party!

 
At 4:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I did NOT vote Conservative and I'm proud of it!

 
At 5:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto, proud i didn't vote conservative, proud i actually knew their platform and didn't just jump onto the bandwagon for a "change"

the change: out of the frying pan, into the fire...

disappointed at the ignorance of people in canada...

harper and bush will have some great times together, wars, privatization of all of our precious social programs, loss of culture due to the redirection of the funding for the arts to nothing other than...corporate tax cuts! yay foreign investment, yay that they invest one dollar to take five out of the country...

and to reiterate darth fudge...
yes, conservatives suck FUCK YOU HARPER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home