Friday, September 01, 2006

The Choice

Well, I picked the U of S job. It just pays more and I wouldn't have to move. I really didn't want to have to move in a hurry. It is a term position, but it was explained to me that this is just how the University budget system works, on a lot of term positions. I guess there's a bunch of people who've worked there for 6 years or longer on just multiple terms. So, that relieved my mind. And because my term is one year in length, I do get full benefits, including health, dental, and pension.

So, I'm just really glad the decision is made. I'm glad that I won't have any large upheaval where I have to move and adjust to a new job. I start on Wednesday and will quickly get into the swing of things.

And I am SO glad I don't have to write any more cover letters. I'd gotten pretty fucking good at them, but I was sick of doing it. And I was sick of travelling all over the province for interviews.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Shanna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home