Thursday, August 31, 2006

She Shoots...She SCORES!!!!!

Just got a job offer today!!! I've been interviewing with the Leader Post. I had one interview, then was informed that I was one of three finalists. Then I was asked for a quick phone interview, which went well. After that, I was informed that I was one of only TWO finalists. So, they asked me if I could make one last trip into Regina, so I did that today. After meeting with them for about 30 minutes, we were done and they asked me to just wait for a moment while they discussed in the hallway. Diane came back in and offered me the job.

Now, I also have a pending offer from the U of S. I had a message from them on my machine today, so I'll have to phone them back in the morning. So, I asked the LP if I could give them an answer on Tuesday so that I could make a decision. Basically, I'm stuck and don't know which one to choose. I have to make a decision by Monday night, so I can phone my landlord and let her know whether I'm moving to Regina, or staying where I am. So, I'm going to give you guys the important details of each job, and you can give me your opinions on which one I should take. And don't worry, what you say I should go for won't be the deciding factor for me. But it might give me an idea as to where my thinking is leaning.

Job #1 - Leader Post - Home Delivery Administrator

Description from the advertisement - Reporting to the Service Manager, key responsibilities will include providing administartive support for the District Co-Ordinator team. This position also acts as support to the Director, Reader Sales and Service, as well as the Sales Manager by providing distribution analysis in the form of sales and expense reporting, numbers forecasting and handling corporate infromation requests. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented individual who is capable of prioritizing a high volume of work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with changing priorities.

Specifics that could help make the decision: Full-time Permanent job; Good challenge that uses the skills I learned during my degree; Monday to Friday 9-5; little to no training available I'd have to be willing to ask lots of questions and figure stuff out on my own; Lots of opportunity to advance within the company

Job #2 - University of Saskatchewan - Annual Giving Co-ordinator

Description - Basically, I would be hiring 20 students who would be phoning a pool of about 50,000 alumni and I would be in charge of this campaign. I would be in charge of the staff and setting goals and ensuring that we are achieving the amounts we set out to achieve.

Specifics that could help make the decision: Full-Time Temporary (I think 8-10 months); In Saskatoon so I wouldn't have to move; On the job training; I'd be part of a union; Sunday to Thursday 1-9:30; I've done supervision before; I've always wanted to work on campus; Not sure if benefits would kick in

Oh, and I haven't actually gotten an offer from the U of S. I have to phone them in the morning, but I anticipate an offer.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really talk like that? Could you Engrish it up for us dumb folk from Weyburn. Oh and I'm a super hero now so no name calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home