Monday, August 28, 2006

Still Waiting

I HATE waiting. Still haven't heard back from the U of S yet. I'm hoping to hear from them today or tomorrow at the latest. It sucks sitting at home waiting. I want to go do stuff, but don't want to leave my phone, so I'm sticking around here during business hours.

On another note, something else super exciting happened to me today. I received an invitation to join the Golden Key International Honour Society!!! Membership to this organization is by INVITATION ONLY. It is for people in the top 15% of their class and offers all sorts of perks. Scholarship opportunities, internships (which I wish I had known about sooner), post graduate benefits, conferences, etc.

I'm sooooo excited to join. It costs $90, but this is just a one-time fee and beyond that there is no annual fee to be a member. So, I'm going to join. But will probably wait until I get a job first, to make sure I can afford the $90. Haha.

4 Comments:

At 1:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. I had a quick look on Wikipedia about the society though and would suggest you have a look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Key There apparently have been some questions about the organization. No idea if it is legit or not but I think you should follow up on this before you apply.

-Todd
http://www.doublecool.com

 
At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

Well, I know people in the college who are part of it, and I've never heard anything bad about it. We have a local chapter at the U of S, so I'd probably be more affiliated with that than the headquarters in the US. Most of my association and involvement would be at the local level.

Interesting read though. Might be fun to be part of a secretive, corrupt society like that.

I wonder what the hazing ritual is like...

 
At 6:36 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

You know what..screw you smarty pants.

 
At 11:16 p.m., Blogger John Murney said...

Congratulations, Soulfood, that invitation is quite an honour indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home