Friday, August 04, 2006

Power Hungry

I know what you're thinking, and yes, I am hungry for that kind of power, but the power I'm talking about now is electricity.

Had a good old-fashioned power outage tonight. I really can't remember the last time that's happened. I don't think I've had a power outage since I moved out on my own at the very least. I found out that I have 6 tea light candles, 1 scented candle, and 2 candles that would be good for a power outage but I have no way to stand them up. I also found out that tea lights give off a pathetic amount of light. My lighters give off more light than a tea candle. Oh, and I found out that I have five lighters. Must have come in a pack.

Anyway, having no power makes me realize how much I like electricity. I am never without light except when I'm actually sleeping. I always have a light on, even when I'm watching TV. I don't completely darken my place until I'm actually ready to go to sleep.

Oh, and it's really weird peeing in the dark. The bathroom seems fine in the light. But when it's dark and you can't see in the toilet, you just image all the things that could pop out of it...aliens, alligators, etc. At least, I imagine those things.

So, anyway, the power went off shortly after 9. I quickly found my one candle that's out and lit it. Then remembered that I have 2 tea lights in this thingy I got from my godparents, so I lit those too. Then I found the rest of my tea lights and lit them. Had my computer for a short while, but the battery sucks, so that didn't last very long.

I shaved my legs while the power was out. Made me appreciate what the pioneers went through to shave their legs. And then I thought, "Did the pioneers shave their legs??" Probably not. It's on my list of things to look up. "When did shaving of legs and armpits first begin?" So anyway, I'll have to do a spot check now just to make sure I didn't miss any large areas.

I have a wedding to go to in the morning, so I'm catching an 8am bus to Weyburn. Then I was like "what if the power doesn't come back on and my alarm clock doesn't go off?" So, I phoned my parents and they're going to phone me at 7am to wake me up just in case. The power's on now, but it's late and I don't want to wake them up phoning them to tell them not to wake me up.

Of course the night when the power goes off is the night when I'm really in a TV and computer mood. I wanted to watch movies all night then got sidetracked playing games on my computer. And when the power went out, I couldn't do any of that. Then I got the urge to play nintendo. Too bad for me.

I probably should have cleaned, but I didn't want to. Cleaning sucks. Which is obvious by the messy state of my house.

The power finally came back on and scared the shit out of me. Everything turning on at once. I almost fell off the couch.

Oh, if you're still waiting for me to make my point, as I'm sure we're past the 150 word mark, don't hold you're breath. This post doesn't have a point. It's just mindless jabbering. Not even ranting, just jabbering.

Anyway, I wanted to do a puzzle, but the thing I do my puzzles on is already covered with 2 puzzles that I've finished and I haven't moved them off it yet. And I'm not ready to disassemble them yet. You see, when I do a puzzle, I like to keep it together for a while to savour the accomplishment of finishing it.

I'm really wired. I've had most of a 2-litre of Diet Pepsi. Which is dumb as I have to be up early in the morning. Oh well. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I should add some cherry whiskey to that diet pepsi. That would really make the night interesting. But I won't.

Things that are green look blue in candlelight. I'm not sure why, but the closer you get it to the candle, the bluer it looks, even when it's green. It's odd.

Anyway, that's enough jabbering for me. I'll post again later this weekend after the wedding. Oh, it's one of my friends from junior high getting married. I probably won't stay too long, as I don't really hang out with anyone in that group anymore, but I'll stay for a while. At least the church and reception hall is close to the parent's house, so I can just walk home when I want to.

Well, that's all for now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home