Thursday, October 20, 2005

Tai Shan

Well, I planned this blog for Monday, but stuff piled up and it just didn't get done until now.

For those of you who read my old blog, you'll remember a post about a new baby panda. Now, you weren't impressed, but he was pretty tiny and ugly then. He is now big and cute! This panda turned 100 days old on Monday!! Due to Chinese custom, pandas are not named until they reach the age of 100 days. This is due to the fact that so many young pandas die early, so they wait until 100 days because then they are sure that the panda should live. So, on Monday they announced his name...Tai Shan (tie-shon) which means peaceful mountain.




Here he is!!!! Isn't he cute!!!! I'm going to put more pictures further down too so you can see just how cute he is!!









He's now old enough that he's ready to play with his mom!!!















This is when he first opened his eyes!!!







Go check him and his mom out live on the National Zoo's webcam!!! (The National Zoo is in Washington, DC by the way)

National Zoo Webcam

Also, all these pictures are from the National Zoo webpage and are the property of the National Zoo. I'm just borrowing them to convince you all to go to their webpage.

If you want to see more pictures, go check out the Panda Cub gallery.

Panda Cub Gallery

6 Comments:

At 7:51 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

You got mom hooked, everytime I go in there and she's working you can see the pandacam off to the side.

 
At 8:59 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

That's cause he's so cute!!!!

 
At 10:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I'll give you that they look cute there, but seeing them everyday, man I have marking if you're that bored :-)

 
At 1:13 a.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Hey, if you can't handle the marking, stay out of the fire......no wait, If you can't handle the fire, stay out of the lemonade....nope, that ain't it either...Wait! I got it! I you can't handle the Ice Tea, stay out of the toilet...yup, that's it!

 
At 11:29 a.m., Blogger Steven said...

Makes sense to me Pilon. I once drank a glass of iced tea that was so strong they never let me near any washroom of any kind ever again... that is until I made my own iced tea!


...from toilet water.... nobody liked it much.

 
At 9:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch Tai Shan everyday when I work, too. The little rascal has me hooked. What a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home