Thursday, October 06, 2005

A BLOGGING SCANDAL!!!!!!

So, it has recently come to my attention that there is a contest happening on Pilot's World. However, this contest is DISCRIMINATORY. The basis of the contest is that you have to blog is different areas. Many of these areas are not possible for a lot of people to get to. Here are examples:

First, this list is of places you can blog from only if you have a cell phone or blackberry, both of which cost money which many people don't have!
- From a cell phone
- From a blackberry

- From the woods
- From a rooftop or exceedingly high place

- From a public bathroom
- at a concert for a major act (like on a major tour, they should have a nationally distributed album, I'll be the final judge of the act's appropriateness)
- From a government proceeding (parliament, legislative assembly, council meeting, court)
- During a historical event (on location) - Large Disaster, Inauguration of a world Leader, Large Protest


Here are some that only people with a lot of money and time can accomplish:
- From another continent
- From a submarine
-From an airplane

And here are some that only computer-geek-smart people can do:
- Using Linux
- Using DOS
- Using any other operating system (a point for each one)

Those are just some of the problems.

Now, I realize that the point is that not everyone is able to blog from all these points. But when I start out with that many that I can't do (and trust me there are more that I can't do) that discourages me right away. And realizing that I can't do some because I don't have the money or I work/go to school 7 days a week, so I can't go on, say a plane trip, makes me realize that this is discriminating me. It's also discriminating to people who haven't had the computer training to know how to use Linux or DOS.

Therefore, I am boycotting this contest. You may all continue to enter, but I refuse.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

well fuck you then.

 
At 7:41 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Borrow someone elses, get a wireless card for your laptop....Come on Shanna, He didn't say anyone is gonna be able to do all of them, he just said let's see what you can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home