Monday, September 26, 2005

Work = Stress (kinda)

Well, Saturday at work was absolutely insane! Let's start with some stuff leading up to Saturday.

Friday I went to a Career Expo (which I will eventually write a post about) and on my way home I stopped by work to pick up my paycheque. While I'm there I find out that Preeti cancelled on her shift, so we'd be short a person for supper. Also, Kathy surprises me with "You're training someone tomorrow." So I'm just like "well great." So, Friday night is crazy and I have work until 12:45 am.

So, now onto Saturday. I work at 9am. Remember, I worked until 12:45am, just a few hours earlier. So, I'm extremely tired. Well, I look at the prep list and it's basically "2 of Everything." Just written out into the two of everything. So my lunch covers get to work, both of whom are still quite slow at work. They both decide that they have to eat before lunch. Now, here's how fast food works, you don't eat when there's work to be done, such as a gigantic prep list. So, suffice it to say, not much prep got done before lunch. And at lunch we got SLAMMED. Slammed as in, there was a volleyball tournament, hockey tournament, track meet, and football game all going on that day. Not to mention that it was just a really nice day out. So, we get slammed and what's the first thing that happens??? We run out of loonies. So I have to phone my boss because there is no way I'm dealing for 2 more days with no loonies before they go for change on Monday. Fortunately, Trevor was in town and he was able to come and bail us out. We run out of cold cuts in the middle of the rush, so I am in the back prepping cold cuts which are immediately being used as well as running out front to work the till. Then we run out of bread. I make bread the entire day and we never had a full bread cabinet.

My boss is insane with the whole "clean store" thing. Well, if she had seen that store, she would have fired me. It was brutal. Oh, and then remember that whole "you're training someone thing." Yeah, new girl comes in. I barely have time to think. So, I feel really bad, but I stick her on prep and basically just leave her there. I just don't have time to train her.

So anyway, I end up staying an extra hour to help them catch up. So, I worked an 8 hour close shift, got about 6 hours of sleep and turned around a worked a 9 hour open shift. I came home and just like stared at a wall for an hour. It sucked.

Upside, the new girl is great!! Her name is Joelle and it seems she is going out with Daniel Gerger, who is an old classmate/friend/acquaintance of my little brother. And she thinks she knows Andrew, because she met Daniel through youth group/leadership camp, etc. So, that's very cool. And she's really nice and knows how to play crib. So me her and Damjan played a 3-way game and I finally kicked Damjan's ass. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I just needed to rant, so that's really what this post was about.

3 Comments:

At 10:33 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

I've decided that I like the spam comments!! Think about it, it totally solves my "no one comments" issue.

 
At 12:56 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

You have to watch that Joelle, she's been corrupted by Daniel and he is evil...not evil too the max, just evil.

 
At 2:26 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

Don't worry, I already kicked her ass in crib!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home