Saturday, September 24, 2005

A New Day, A New Blog

Life is hectic.

As a university student, I not only have to take classes, but I have to pay for them. This means I juggle classes and a part-time job 12 months a year. Let me try and outline the amount of time my week takes up.

It is estimated that for every hour spent in class in university, 3 hours of homework needs to be done. So, I spend 15 hours in class each week. Therefore, I should be doing, at minimum, 45 hours of homework. Now, to me, that's a full-time job right there! Then, I also work 30 hours each week. So, of the 168 hours in each week, so far, I have used up 75 of those hours. Let's say that I sleep 8 hours each night, that makes 56 hours. So, of the 168, I have now used up 131 hours. I would estimate that I spend at least 7 hours a week walking places. So now I've used up 138. I also have SADD meetings each week, and often have to work at a SADD activity, that takes up about 3 hours a week. So now I've used up 141 hours. So, that leaves me with just under 4 hours a day of free time. And that's not completely accurate. I didn't add in the time it takes me to shower or anything. Basically, my life is hectic.

There are day when I have more than 4 hours free and days when I have no free time. One of the most difficult things about being a student that contributes to the hecticity is the wacky schedule. I don't have any 2 days alike in terms of schedule. Some days I'm up at 8am, other days not until 11am. I eat at completely irregular times. It's crazy!!! But somehow I get through it.

How?

Well, it's a mix of a few things. First of all, my job could be worse. The upside to my job is that I do like most of my co-workers and so I enjoy coming to work most days. Second of all, I really want my degree. So I'm quite willing to sacrifice to get it. Thirdly, I'm not very obsessed with marks. I'm ok with getting low 70s or even in the 60s if it means that I can study less and have more time for things like this blog and to go out with my friends. Fourth, I don't want to be in debt. By working, I'm using up a lot of my spare time, but when I graduate, I will owe no one anything. I'm quite looking forward to that.

Basically, I have lots of incentive to live this hectic life. This blog will somewhat follow that hectic life and give you a glimpse into what I'm learning as I go along.

And yes, Hecticity is a made-up word. Imagine that, I have an imagination!!

6 Comments:

At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

Wow, my first comment on the first post of my new blog is spam. That'll teach me to not use that word filter thingy.

 
At 9:41 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

HA HA HA.

Love the blog tho, should I change the link on my blog now?

oh and also

GET YOUR PENIS ENLARGED AT http://pilotsworld.blogspot.com

 
At 3:14 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

Moonkeys!!!!!!!!!! Looks grrrrrrrreat!!!

Join the Oligodendroglia Contest
www.Pylonics.com

 
At 5:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about how busy you are makes me tired. (AND it makes me feel super-lazy! Which I am, so I guess that's fair.)

Anyway, I'm glad you're blogging again. Reading this was more interesting than being at class would have been.

I PROMISE TO GO ON MSN AGAIN SOMETIME SOON! Before Christmas, definitely (haha).

 
At 9:43 p.m., Blogger Soulfood said...

Haha, Marcie you're hilarious!!

Cassandra said she loved our conversation!!! hahahahaha. AND she said that Andrew actually stopped by, so technically, the two boys were there!! Freaky.

 
At 8:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Haha. That proves it: we're psychic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home