Thursday, April 20, 2006

Vancouver

So, if you read Randomization, you've heard that I'm going to Vancouver in May. I'm sooooooo excited!!! I've never been further west than, oh, I don't know...Calgary or Edmonton...whichever is further west. And I have NEVER flown before. It's going to be an exciting trip, even though it is so quick.

I'm REALLY nervous about flying though. I'm scared of heights and even thinking about being that high up freaks the hell out of me. I've been getting advice from people:

  • Sit by the window to look out
  • Don't sit by the window if you're scared of heights - get an aisle seat
  • Sit at the front - it's more stable and the tail of the plane sways in the air
  • Don't bring a gun with you
Any other advice for a first-time flyer??????

7 Comments:

At 12:15 a.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

When greeting a man named jack, say "Hello, Jack" Instead of "Hi, Jack."

 
At 1:49 p.m., Blogger Orion_skie said...

When I first flew into Vancouver a ways ago, I sat by the window and was amazed at how large Vancouver was. My advice to you is sit by the window if you're coming in at night.

 
At 2:07 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

Bring a book... sit in the middle of the plane, over the wings. If you remember your levers... the wings will be the fulcrum, thus less movement. That said, you get a ticket and are put where your ticket says.. .you really don't get a choice.

Also, drink heavily.

 
At 5:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first time flying will kinda feel like a roller coaster ride. Everytime the plan moves you'll feel like your moving with plane. It isn't scary at all. The bathroom is really really small. Don't flush the toilet when your sitting on it.

 
At 1:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG another Dave comment. Confirmation please

 
At 2:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

DON't sit by the wings, then you can't see out!!! Chew gum so your ears won't hurt as bad unless you lucked out and didn't get mom's ears like I did. Bring something to do cause the short flights like that don't have movies...though your on Westjet and they kick ass.....EVERYONE DON'T FLY AIR CANADA!!!! Shitty shitty people! Bring anything you don't want to loose in your carry on and even an extra change of clothes in case the baggage gets lost...you never know.
Oh and most importantly while you're going through security make sure you mention that you have a bomb in your bag to someone and then be like, but do'nt tell anyone k? (It would be very funny)
And bring something back for me cause I've never been there!

 
At 8:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Westjet drives me INSANE. Stupid peppy flight attendants. Seriously, Shanna, beware of the peppy people. There's singing stupid songs and telling stupid jokes and so...much...pep. Arg. That, folks, is the reason for airline violence. It's got nothing to do with terrorism or whatnot. It's the damn annoying peppy stewardesses. Makes you just want to kill somebody. I hate pep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home