Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nintendo

What do I do when my schedule slows down? I play Nintendo. Second year, February break, I had this awesome To Do list. I was going to get SOOOO much stuff done. What did I do? I beat Zelda for SuperNintendo.

So, right now, I'm working on Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. I finished a game I had started. Now, I'm trying to see how fast I can play the game and beat it. I've played for 2 hours and 46 minutes so far and I'm to the point where I just grabbed the Master Sword for the first time. I would estimate that at minimum 1 hour of that was just watching dumb movies. And listening to Navi.

The boss for this Zelda is ridiculously easy. I mean the boss at the very end. I beat it tonight. Now, I beat both Ganondorf AND Ganon and didn't even have to use a fairy. ME! Now, the fact is, for a girl, I kick ass at nintendo. But I still SUCK. How did I do all that without dying once!? The simple answer is that the boss is waaay too easy. Well, that and the fact that I've played this game from start to finish about 10 times. So I'm getting to be a pretty good expert at it.

Really though, what are my other options??
  • Mario Party 3 - fun, but slow paced. Takes forever and there's no real goal. You play one game and it doesn't really lead to anything.
  • Hexen - I don't think I've ever played this. It came with the thing when I bought it off the boy (we co-owned it, when I moved, I payed for his half of it)
  • Star Wars: Shadow Empire - I played this once and was sooooo motion sick
  • Pokemon Puzzle Party - I do like this game. It's the closest thing I have to Tetris on my 64. (By the way, that's what I have, a Nintendo 64) But anyway, I need to be in a tetris mood to play this one.
  • Goldeneye - arguably one of the best nintendo games ever. But in terms of the solo missions, I've gotten as far as I can with my skill level. Also, I'm not a huge fan of "shoot 'em ups" That's why I kick so much ass at the taxi missions on GTA. And this game is only truly the most fun when you're playing with someone else. Especially when you're playing it with THREE someone elses. And I have no one. I'm all alone.
So yeah, that's what I've spent my night doing so far. I'm taking a break now, but will probably get back to it. My laundry won't be done for another hour anyway.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my Nintendos. And assorted other Nintendo-like products. Most of them were either broken or pawned by my brother. He used to get angry and throw them at the wall. The sign of a good game system is one that could stand that. I think the N64 took the most beating without giving up. I miss that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home