Monday, May 29, 2006

Wikipedia

I'll say it. I LOVE WIKIPEDIA.

I can spend hours there. I read one article, and a word is linked to a page about it, so I click on that. Then, in that article, I find another thing to click on. Suddenly, I'm lost in the world of Wikipedia.

Any time I don't know something, I just go to Wikipedia. It never fails me. And I'm not the only one. I was recently chatting with some girls, one of which who was from India. When lacrosse was mentioned she says "What's lacrosse?" Then immediately, "never mind, I looked it up on Wikipedia." It's just great.

The only downside to it is that a lot of academic institutions don't consider it a suitable source. But I feel that will change soon enough.

I love Wikipedia.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get lost on that site on a regular basis. I sometimes find myself with 30+ open tabs in Firefox, and by the time I get to some of them I forget why they interested me in the first place.

For sure one of the best sites on the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home