Friday, February 17, 2006

I LOVE WINTER

That's right. It's my favourite season. And for all you pussies out there...IT'S NOT THAT COLD OUTSIDE.

Seriously...dress for the weather and you can stay outside for hours!!!! Today, it was about -44 degrees with windchill. Here's what I wore:

  • Undies, Socks, etc.
  • Pants
  • Ski Pants
  • Boots
  • T-Shirt
  • Fleece
  • Heavy Winter Coat (with hood up)
  • One pair of mitts
  • One toque
That is all. The only cold spot on my body was my eyes...and I can't cover them because I need them to see. It's all about layers people. Dress properly and respect the cold. You'll never get frostbite and you'll learn just how great it is to go outside and and enjoy winter!!

Winter is great. There's no bugs, you get to watch people fall on their asses...hell, you get to fall on your own ass!! It's great. No ones cares about what they look like, they just dress to survive. It's a time to separate the men from the boys (and the women from the girls).

And yeah, my house is FUCKING COLD. I don't care. I have an electric blanket and a space heater. That keeps me warm. In desperate situations, I turn my oven on and open the door. Hell, I'm not paying for electrical or heating.

So, for all you whiners out there who've lived in Saskatchewan your whole life, I say to you:

Yes, we've had a mild winter and that's great. But don't bitch when we get ONE WEEK of NORMAL winter conditions. I'm sure you'll survive. If not, I can bring you a soother and your blankie next time I see you.

4 Comments:

At 4:12 p.m., Blogger Pilot said...

See I'd rather cold than hot. (Hey like that poem!).

You can always add another layer when its cold... when its hot... you can only defrock so much. Plus I hate being all hot and sticky.

 
At 7:10 p.m., Blogger Pilon, A said...

You can too cover your eyes..they are called goggles. Stupid

 
At 1:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right, Shanna! You tell 'em! When it was minus forty-whatever, I was at my mom's farm out doing chores and playing with my horsies! Winter rocks. It's pretty, there's less people outside, and less being all hot and gross and sweaty. And no sunburns. Also, snowmen! Who doesn't love snowmen? Or throwing snowballs at people! I love winter!

 
At 10:07 p.m., Blogger Saskboy said...

I like -10, but -40 is about a billion degrees too cold. No mosquitoes is the best part of Winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home