Thursday, July 20, 2006

Points

Society today collects points. I collect RBC Rewards, HBC Rewards, and Air Miles.

Now, with RBC Rewards, I have a chance of actually being able to redeem them for something. But the other two...I just don't collect enough to even really make it worth my while. I'm so far away from being able to redeem the points for an item that I started wondering what to do with these points. Should I just hold out forever?? Then the solution came to me. A lot of rewards programs have an option to donate your points to charity.

Tonight, I donated 10,000 HBC Reward Points to the Canadian Red Cross.

I actually went shopping today at an HBC store and I plan on donating those points too. They just haven't shown up on my account yet. But when they do, I'll donate them.

This is an easy way to make a small difference to a charity. We all feel as though we need to collect these points for some reason (at least us females do), so this is a good reason to collect them. I no longer feel as though I'm collecting them for no reason.

Now, this allows these charities to use HBC Rewards to redeem for items. Now, you may think...why do they need the cool stuff you can get through HBC rewards?? Well, here's what they can possibly do with those points:
  • Redeem for office furniture, so that administrative costs are lowered and funds are directed towards charity initiatives
  • Redeem for cool items that they can then use in a raffle. The prizes cost them nothing this way, and all revenues are turned into profit, which are used in various initiatives
  • Redeem for towels, which they can then use during rescue missions
  • Redeem for a blanket so that a child somewhere can go to bed warm
So if you have useless points, go see if you can donate them to a charity who needs them!!

1 Comments:

At 8:55 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home